Aberfeldy Distillery, founded by the John Dewar & Sons, Ltd., was built on the south shore of the river Tay in 1896, just beyond the city boundaries of Aberfeldy and opened in 1898. Aberfeldy is situated in the centre of Scotland, some five miles east of Loch Tay and the town of Kenmore and about eight miles south of Loch Tummel. Aberfeldy relies on the fresh water stream Pitilie Burn, which runs alongside the distillery. Aberfeldy is the only distillery in Scotland to use these waters. Aberfeldy uses only Scottish barley, yeast and water.
Rich, perfumed aroma, rounded and full with heather, honey, notes of sweet pineapple, butter toffee, toast, cereal and vanilla. Great depth, sweet golden syrup and honey followed by spices and orange peel. Glorious, the perfume characteristics become more spicy, with a zesty hint of orange peel in a decidedly dry finish.
|9:00 am - 10:00 pm|
|10:00 am - 6:00 pm|